Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This happens to the best of men



I admire Arnold Schwarzenegger. I still remember the book he authored on bodybuilding that I bought sometime in 1996. The distinctions he made about different body types to determine the strategy in body building stuck into my mind. 

What is difficult for me to understand about Arnold Schwarzenegger is what happened to his marriage of 25 years. How come a man like him could be cheated by his wife? Is he not a perfect man that is supposed to live happily ever after?

Maybe, I am just idealizing the man. Marital infidelity is a common plague that afflicts us all. I wonder what is in marriage that after some years of living together, couples lose the emotional connection with each other and hope to find it with a new partner. On some point, stories of failures of great men are more comforting than their successes. This shows that they are not really far from us, those of us who are less than the best of men.   

No comments:

Post a Comment